2. Sign in with your username and password for your Google account. If you don't have a Google account, then press the red button at the top right of the page that says "Sign Up."
- Fill out the required fields on the upper portion of the "Create an Account" page.
- Scroll down and fill in the section called "Get Started with Google Sites." When you've finished, click "Create My Account."
3. Create Your Site
- Click the "Create" button on the Google Sites homepage.
- Choose a template or click "Browse the Gallery for More." Browse through the website templates until you find one that looks like it matches your project needs.
- Type in a name for your site. The name should be to-the-point and unique to your purpose.
- Try to create something concise and memorable, like a longer version of a vanity license plate or a vanity phone number, that people will easily remember.
- Google will automatically generate a URL, or a Web address, for your site. Change the URL if you want to use something besides the auto-generated version.
- Choose a theme from the menu. The theme is a collection of colors and background images that will appear on your website.
- Type in the word generated by Google. This security step ensures that you are an actual person who is producing a website.
- Click on the image of a pencil at the top of the page to edit your homepage.
- A toolbar will appear that will allow you to add text to your website.
- To add images or other visual effects, click the "Insert" tab on your menu bar and follow the instructions.
- Click on the HTML key at the right to edit your site using HTML.
- To add Google AdSense or a Google+ icon, click "Edit Sidebar."
- Click the icon of a piece of paper with a "+" sign over it to add a new page.
- Click "Share" when you have finished your site. This action enables you to send the URL to people's e-mail addresses so that they can view the finished product.