Asbestos is made up of tiny fibers and dust can produce under certain conditions. If dust contaminated with asbestos fibers inhaled by humans, will be forwarded to the lungs through breathing, it will accumulate and persist for decades.
In some areas, asbestos was often used as the roof of the house. Unwittingly, they have kept the dangerous diseases such as cancer in their own houses. Knowing these risks, some developed countries are no longer utilize asbestos as a property home building, mining asbestos dismissed. Even selling or using products containing asbestos are classified as illegal.
Very high risk of asbestos exposureAlmost none of the people who have non contaminated asbestos exposure, there even if only slightly. Those who work in asbestos mining, asbestos factory or factories whose products using materials from asbestos or workers at risk of exposure to asbestos crusher building long-term higher.
Types of lung cancer are major:
- Small cell lung carcinoma: in this type, the victim had a habit of smoking is high.
- Non-small cell lung carcinoma: there are three main forms of non-small cell lung, among others:
- Squamous cell carcinoma: starts in the large airways, called bronchi.
- Large cell carcinoma: similar to squamous cell carcinoma.
- Adenocarcinoma: forms of lung cancer are the most common. Usually starting in peripheral lung tissue.
Asbestos and mesotheliomaMesothelioma is rare cancer, but its spread has been rapid. Mesothelioma is almost always associated with asbestos exposure incident. This type of cancer develops last about 30-40 years after exposure to asbestos. The main cause of mesothelioma is due to the high level of the use of asbestos and asbestos mining activity over the years.
How Mesothelioma workMesothelioma starts wrapping the membrane area of the lungs called the pleura. Pleural fluid and lungs will be accumulated due to the cancer cells, resulting in the lungs are compressed. Shortness of breath and cough that hurts one of the symptoms of contracting Mesothelioma. In the long term, mesothelioma can spread to the chest wall and penetrate into the lining of the abdomen (peritoneum), pericardium even reproductive organs.
Diagnosing mesotheliomaIn order examination of lung cancer, here are some tips from us:
- X-ray: can be done with standard x-rays or CT scans (which produces a three-dimensional image of the chest).
- Sputum cytology tests: lung cancer cells can sometimes stick to the mucus, so it needs sputum examination (sputum).
- Biopsy: take a small sample of cells of the lung with a special tool.
- Further examination: to determine whether cancer cells have spread to other body parts, necessary examination of the bones, liver or brain scans, and blood tests.
Treatment of mesothelioma
- Surgery or surgery to remove the tumor.
- Radiotherapy uses X-rays to kill cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells.
Not only causes cancer, asbestos exposure can also cause:
- Asbestosis: the formation of scar tissue in the lungs that makes breathing difficult.
- Pleural plaques: asbestos fibers can cause thickening patches of scar tissue in the pleura or lining of the lungs.